Who we are
Red.es is the public corporate entity attached to the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism (MINETUR) which is responsible for promoting the development of the Information Society in Spain. Our mission is also to carry out projects related to information and communication technologies (ICTs) in accordance with the strategic priorities of the State Secretariat for Telecommunications and the Information Society (SETSI), in collaboration with the autonomous communities, councils, local authorities and the private sector.
Our priority objectives are:
- To generate jobs -through programmes to boost the ICT sector - and to promote entrepreneurship;
- To increase the productivity and competitiveness of businesses; and
- To achieve savings and efficiency in public spending.
What we doThe activity carried out by red.es is based around three key work areas:
- Shared services among public administrations;
- Public-private collaboration; and